Friday, October 22, 2010

Book Review: Angels and Demons



Review: #26
Title: Angels and Demons
Series: Robert Langdon (not official name) - 1st book
Author: Dan Brown
Read Before: no
My Comments: An excellent, excellent book, one that had me gripping during the whole time I was reading, especially towards the end where I was regretting every time I had to put it down. It sucked me in even more than The Da Vinci Code, I seriously think this is the superior one, but I do find it’s still religiously connected, must be a trend of the authors’. I found this to be more credible actually, and a lot more intense and interesting, but that just might be me liking particle physics more than Holy Grails. I liked the development of the characters, and when the characters started dying off, I was shocked and surprised, I fully expected at least some to survive. One particular death had a major impact on me as well, coz I never expected it, and the author had already made me emotionally attached to him. What I like about this book was that it didn't leave you in the dark too long (I hate suspense) unlike the first book, this one just gives you something to think about and then it reveals it a bit later (except the mastermind of the plot). I liked the ending scenes, where it just threw me off, I suspected a person from the start, it was ‘confirmed’ and I thought “pfffft, I must be getting used to the author” but then something else happened which made me doubt, and the whole thing was overthrown, loved the double trickery. I liked the developing relationships in the book but confused how the The Da Vinci Code never mentioned it (later correction: apparently did get mentioned just that I didn't pick it up at the time while I was reading the first book coz… I didn't know), but very very satisfied ending, a most excellent book.
Rating: 8/10
Rereadability Factor: 7/10

See Also: The Da Vinci Code book review
Blogger Widget