Monday, September 5, 2011

Transformers: Prime (Episodes 19, 20, 21)

Rock Bottom
An awesome episode, I found time flying when I was watching this one. Once again, Optimus Prime doesn't appear here, which is surprising, but Megatron and Starscream more than makes up for it. The cave in was a great scene, it was really well done and there was a sense of excitement in it. I like the plot of this one, there wasn't anything that was cringe-worthy, and I loved how Megatron has finally saw fit to get rid of Starscream. The grovelling of Starscream was well done too, but he is a bit too much of a coward in this one, and a bit too pathetic for my liking, particularly since he was supposed to be a credible threat before. I laughed out loud when Starscream found Bulkhead and Miko thinking it was Megatron, that dialogue was great. The most enjoyable episode I have seen since Scrapheap. We also get to see how cruel Megatron can be, everything works out really well in this episode, definitely worth a view.

Partners
A good episode, but I don’t really like Arcee’s anger and how it was played out. It was understandable, but I think it was done up too much, to the point where it gets annoying. The plot is a typical one, the Decepticons finding a super weapon and the Autobots trying to stop them. The notion of Starscream defecting is not a new one, and it’s not especially well played here anyway, Starscream doesn’t seem like a credible threat recently. I was surprised that there were no humans at all in this episode, not that I am complaining, as it made for a good watch. I was absorbed for most of the episode, but the setting and background seems so drab and dull, it really dampens the mood.

T.M.I.
I didn't like this episode so much, it focused a lot of Bulkhead and Miko and I think that they have had plenty of screen time already, and Miko’s actions are to the point of annoying already. She is always the one that jumps into the fights when she is not supposed to and then causes problems, it was okay for the first couple of times, but it is getting a bit too repetitive now. The overall plot of the episode was the standard affair, and fairly boring, but, at least we do get to see Knockout again. I think one of the lower quality episodes as of late, I didn't enjoy it too much.
Blogger Widget