Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Liar Liar


I liked the idea of this plot, in which a lawyer is forced to tell the truth for one day.  While the movie generally is entertaining, I feel that Jim Carey overplayed his part.  He spent most of the time just pulling his faces and overreacting that it can eventually get tiring, especially when the situation does not call for it and he does it just coz he can.  Other than that, I thought the movie would be funnier, it does shine for a few moments, but in general, it felt somewhat bland.  The importance of the lawyer case wasn't pulled off as elegantly as you would want.  I thought Fletcher (the main character) would manage to use a more elegant argument in order to win since that was what I was looking forward to.  You have to feel sorry for Jerry though, since he wasn't a bad guy yet he got the short end of the stick.  The ending was disappointing and way over the top.  Fletcher wouldn't have gotten that far into the airport without being captured by security, let alone actually getting out on the runway.  I liked the part where Fletcher had to tell the truth to everyone at his workplace.

Blogger Widget