Thursday, May 23, 2013

Hook


Once again, I love the concept of the film.  It tells the story about when Peter Pan actually grows up.  The actual execution of the film though... was completely different to what I had in mind.  I hadn't expected that Peter would have lost his memory and that a huge portion of the film would be spent having him trying to regain his powers.  The end result is that I felt the film was quite boring and dragged out.  I didn't want to see him get his powers back and learn a life lesson about spending more time with his son.  What I wanted to to see him go on an adventure like the old times.  The result of the relationship between Peter and his son can be seen a mile away, and it's used as a major plot point here.  The interaction between Captain Hook and Peter wasn't as good as you would have expected.  However, the actor portraying Hook had done a great job.  I felt the script was very average and it lacked the genuine childhood wonder touch.  There's also my common complaint these days, and that the film felt too long, over two hours and a lot of those minutes were events that felt pointless.

Blogger Widget