Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Book Review: The Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers


Review:  #152
Title:  The Transformers:  Last Stand of the Wreckers
Series:  N/A
Author:  Nick Roche and James Roberts
Read Before:  no
My Comments:  I don’t know what all the hype was about this comic mini-series.  I didn't enjoy it that much, true, it wasn't boring, but it wasn't as stunning or great as I was led to believe.  I think it’s coz I don’t really like Transformers in the styles of comics.  I find it weird that these robots seem to have a pink liquid similar to blood (which was overused anyway in order to show how brutal some of the fights were), and there is too much head ripping/exploding for my liking.  In a few scenes, I had to pay attention and scrutinize to actually figure out what was going on as it was a bit messy and hard to discern.  The story was okay, probably coz I was reading this as a standalone, it might have took me longer to understand what was going on.  I didn't get absorbed into the story, oftentimes I find myself confused as to what is actually happening (took me a while to get who was who).  Some of the dialogue was great, two scenes stand out to me because of the dialogue, the first one is Megatron’s “Option 1 and Option 2” while the second one is Rotorstorm’s “Wreckers!  Combine!” gag.  Anyway I didn't enjoy this as much as I thought I might, and it was disappointing in the end, I was surprised at all the deaths though.
Rating:  6/10
Blogger Widget