Saturday, July 17, 2010

Book Review: Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse



I had actually finished rereading this just today, :)

Review: #3
Title: Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse
Series: Percy Jackson (& the Olympians)
Author: Rick Riordan
Read Before: yes (twice)
My Comments: surprisingly really really good and got me very addicted to it, I was very touched and felt the pain and sadness with the events (no spoilers in my reviews, I will only hint, you will know what I am talking about if you read the book). I did not want this book to end (nor the series for that matter), probably best in the series surpassing even Battle of the Labyrinth whom I had previously thought was the best. I have never been this emotionally attached to a book before, not even the Twilight series nor Harry Potter, this series is perfect for me. I managed to finish this book in 250 mins or 4.17 hours, which is weird coz it's only like 70 pages less than The Lightning Thief and I took two hours less, my timing must be wrong. To be honest, in terms of the best book in the series, I think it's a tie between the last three books. I like Titan's Curse because of the emotional bits, like every time something major happens I felt a "pang!"; for Battle of the Labyrinth I like because of all the monsters they fight, the variety, as well as the protagonists gaining a lot of others things; while I like The Last Olympian because it's the grand finale, where it sorts everything out and ends very nicely and satisfying. Either way Titan's Curse is a great book and a must read!
Rating: 9/10
Rereadability Factor: 9/10
Blogger Widget