Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Book Review: Den of Thieves



Review: #8
Title: Den of Thieves
Series: Cat Royal
Author: Julia Golding
Read Before: no
My Comments: good book, I hadnt expected it would be so but it has surprised me, it is quite interesting and even got me hooked for a bit (although not to the level of some other books). This book is the third in a series, I had read the first one (The Diamond of Drury Lane, good book as well) and had to skip the second (Cat Among the Pidgeons) since I had picked this one up. Thankfully I didnt need the second book to make sense of this one and it's funny in places. Although the story is addictive, to be honest, the plot isnt that strong, and it's all over the place, but the friendship and compassion that is gained all along the book more than makes up for it, and that's what this book is worth reading about. I also found that some of the earlier parts were a tad bit unnecessary , as it made the main character wallowing in her own self pity. If I get the chance, I will definitely read the others in this series, and also the author's other work (I have read some of her previous books before, I think The Siren's Call and The Gorgon's Gaze were another series that I thought was pretty good, that was why I picked up the first book in this series in the first place).
Rating: 7/10 (recommend)
Rereadability Factor: 5/10
Blogger Widget