Thursday, August 19, 2010

Book Review: Twilight: The Graphic Novel Volume 1



Review: #13
Title: Twilight: The Graphic Novel Volume 1
Series: The Twilight Saga - Graphic Novel (1st Volume)
Author: Story - Stephenie Meyer, Illustrated and Adapted by Young Kim
Read Before: no
My Notes: On a rough approximation, took me approximately one hour to finish this book, very easy to fly through as it is a graphic novel and nothing much to read. The art style is alright, although I do think the female lead looks weird, too pale, I know she's pale but not that pale... seems like she's a vampire already. Onto the story, I didn't know it was only the first thirteen chapters adapted (I guess that's why it's 'Volume 1', I had thought that meant the whole series was getting adapted). The story is was faster paced than the book and I think as fast as the movie (so it'll take roughly the same time to read the whole two volumes as watching the movie), but there is nothing much happening. The had skipped a lot of the female lead's reflections, so I still think this is a series that is better off as a book than any other more visual based media. I was looking forward to reading this when I had gotten it at the library (I was so excited when I found it! Coz it is out still fairly recently), but I guess it's just that the book is a whole lot better. Also wished that they could have adapted the whole book in one shot, coz I feel it’s a bit lacking, specially with the first part that kinda spoils it, but still, I think it’s a worthy read, and doesn't waste that much of your time.
Rating: 6/10
Rereadability Factor: 7/10 (quite good to reread)
Blogger Widget