Sunday, August 1, 2010

Book Review: The Plum-Rain Scroll



Review: #9
Title: The Plum-Rain Scroll
Series: N/A
Author: Ruth Manley
Read Before: no
My Comments: it took me almost a week to read this, and a major reason why was that it's not that interesting. I find that the plot is too weak and not complex enough, a lot of things are pretty contrived and more like, I say it and this is it coz I want it to. Reading the blurb when I first got this book, I thought interesting enough, normal boy who wishes for adventure, gets one and gains seven “unlikely” companions and gets one hell of an adventure, sounds like my ideal thing. Too bad, it's not smart, not funny and it's weird, there were some parts that were alright but mainly just so dragging. It doesnt suck you in, the characters have not development, and the wise characters doesnt sound that wise, there's not even wit, it's really no wonder it took me so long to read it. Not really much redeeming parts (although there are some), but for all the bad things I've talked about it, it really isnt the worse book, just mediocre, this is definitely not the stuff that gets me sucked into reading.
Rating: 5.5/10
Rereadability Factor: 2/10 (I dont think I ever want to reread it)
Blogger Widget