Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Book Review: New Moon



Review: #52
Title: New Moon
Series: Twilight - 2nd book
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Read Before: yes
My Comments: It’s actually more bearable the second time around, probably because I expect what is going to happen and that it would be boring. Just like when I reread Twilight, New Moon lost most of it’s sweetness to me now. This book is probably the worst of the series, with a very boring and unnecessarily dragged out middle, there is nothing happening, but yet, the style of writing does make you a bit addicted and want to find out what is going to happen. I’m really getting annoyed at the repetitive thoughts of the main character Bella, it’s always “I don't want you to get hurt” or some sort of preposterous thinking, which is very unrealistic. At least the end is worth the build up, everyone knows that Edward is going to come back, so that’s no surprise, but at the end the reader gets to find out more about the vampires and that is really interesting, your curiously is really satisfied with all the tidbits the author reveals. Although its good, I’m not sure if surviving most of the book is worth it for the end. The epilogue made me cringe, it’s just so… naive on part of the main character Bella, but I cringe every time whenever the two lovers express relationship, it feels so stupid and not really that reflective of real life (actually it’s only the “I need to protect you” and “I don't believe you love me” parts), but still very entertaining to read. I would only read this book to get to the third and fourth books, on it own, it’s nothing special.
Rating: 7/10
Rereadability Factor: 3/10 (the boring middle makes it hard to convince yourself to read it again)
Blogger Widget