Sunday, April 10, 2011

To Love-Ru

Had a quick read of the manga To Love-Ru in the library today, and I thought it was very amusing and funny, I quite like it. Although it is a bit mature (if you're reading it, should be at least 18 as it has slightly offensive material), it was really good. Apparently (after seeing other people's comments online) it lacks in plot, but I guess it's popular for the comedy (and it is popular, with an anime and a sequel), and it is really good comedy. The type that I like, unexpected situations with the guy not really knowing how he got there, haha, and there's also the whole "girl out of nowhere suddenly falls in love with the guy" theme happening. Overall, I think it is worth a read :)

Update (i.e. a few days later): I've read 35 chapters in the last few days (not too bad, what with all the stuff I have to do lately) and I'm really enjoying this series. It is hilarious, although I guess it may be a bit too ecchi (or more specifically, a lot of fan service), lol, I suggest just read it in privacy (and at home, as I doubt that it'll be allowed to be read in a public place like internet cafe or library). I think it may be coz I haven't read many manga in the harem genre, so I'm loving it, and I just find it so amusing. It's not as episodic as I had feared (or as people had made up), there are 'episodes', or events, that last for a few chapters and it's like one big chapter, and within those, I got hooked, and I couldn't wait to see how it panned out. There are no character development but I like the overused elements, it's done in a slightly different way and I guess it's just that the whole manga is so fun to read, and I know it's no complex story (like Death Note, that is a really good and complex manga with a great anime), but it's really nice if you don't want to think too much and have a laugh.
Blogger Widget