Sunday, November 27, 2011

Book Review: Thor



Review: #113
Title: Thor
Series: N/A
Author: Elizabeth Rudnick
Read Before: no
My Comments:  It started off so well, and it spent more than half of the book pretty much setting the scene, but it just falls down flat on its face at the end.  It’s based on the movie, but I’m not sure how closely it fits, but the climax of this book was very disappointing.  It ended abruptly, and we didn't see much things actually happening.  The explanation was all on the setting up at the beginning, and I would have expected a final fight but it just skipped all that, leading me to wonder why they had cut it out, page length problems?  A second book?  I don’t know, just that the style of writing was done so well, but a let down in the end, that is what caused it to lose most of it’s marks.
Rating: 5.5/10

Blogger Widget