Monday, December 13, 2010

Book Review: Vicious Circles and Other Savage Shapes



Review: #35
Title: Vicious Circles and Other Savage Shapes
Series: Murderous Maths
Author: Kjartan Poskitt
Read Before: yes
My Comments: A thoroughly enjoyable read, with a great many (actually funny) jokes, but some of the stuff is boring, since they were instructions for like practical stuff, something I am not interested in doing. The content was very basic mathematics so it wasn’t too interesting and I didn't learn anything new (although I have read this before, I learnt all of them stuff before during school). Wished there were a bit more stories, as when compared to others in the series, this one was lacking in these (taken up by all the practical exercises), and they’re usually what makes the content quite fun. I reckon that it would help anyone who would be confused by the content if they read the book as it explains it quite well (but to me, it’s like in ‘dummy’ terms). As usual, it doesn't go into each specific topic, only touching it, so it would be a lot more interesting if they did go in deeper (but then the book would either get too long or get too specific).
Rating: 6.2/10
Rereadability Factor: 2/10
Blogger Widget