Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Book Review: The Emperor's Code


Review:  #222
Title:  The Emperor's Code
Series:  The 39 Clues - 8th book
Author:  Gordon Korman
Read Before:  no
My Comments:  I am a bit biased on the plot of this one, as I always feel a plot, which has partners arguing and then leaving, and then having them reflect before coming back together again as boring and overdone.  Its done okay here, I would have rather seen the teamwork between Amy and Dan like in previous books rather than have one angry with the other and then being sad.  Once again, I find it hard to believe how easy some of the clues are found, for example, the one on top of Mt Everest, 50+ years worth of snow (even if they are constantly being blown off) AND the fact that many many travellers were there before them, yet they have only dug for three minutes and whola!  A super important blue found, that might *just* be stretching it a bit.  However, the general direction of the plot was great, and it kept me interested.  This is also one of the more pivotal book as it actually reveals the grand price of the whole clue hunt.
Rating:  6/10
Blogger Widget