Thursday, July 5, 2012

Book Review: The Golden Door


Review:  #223
Title:  The Golden Door
Series:  The Three Doors Trilogy - 1st book
Author:  Emily Rodda
Read Before:  no
My Comments:  I cannot explain it, but I couldn't put this book down.  The content wasn't spectacular and amazing, but it was enough to keep me captivated.  There wasn't any major breakthrough that surprised you or something that you would admire.  However, the way it was written, was very well, and the world that the author has created is as interesting as ever (if a bit familiar in terms of concept).  This might be a spoiler here (so skip it if you don’t want to know it) but I believe this book is set in the Deltora Quest universe.  Comparing it with some information from The Land of Dragons, and they way there are a lot of common terms and concepts from the Deltora Quest series, I am pretty certain of this.  It’s actually pretty cool, coz it’s only when you start to read and pick up on these words that somehow you feel you have seen before, that you slowly suspect it.  It would be cool if this was some sort of prequel (to be honest, I don’t know the actual timeline or period of this novel).  The climax where the hero saves the day could be a lot more exciting, it was hyped up, but in anticipation, what actually happens was slightly disappointing.  A very good book to read, even if the imagination has died down a little, I was addicted and cannot wait for the sequel.
Rating:  7.5/10
Blogger Widget