Thursday, February 24, 2011

Iron Man 2


When compared to the first movie, Ironman 2 is not as great (74% at rottentomatoes.com), but I guess that’s to be expected as the majority of sequels don't really live up to their originals. Nevertheless, Iron Man 2 was quite an enjoyable movie and it is still pretty good compared to its contemporaries. The movie is a bit boring, but the plot is decent enough for you to get interested, just that I think there wasn't much action and there wasn't really much of a build up into the climax of the film. It does have some good one liners and some good humor, I’ve never read the comics so I wouldn't know if this was an accurate portrayal of Iron Man but I like this movie. At two hours I think there’s a bit of an overabundance of speaking scenes where it doesn't add much to the story, which they could have cut out. Part of the movie feels a bit overused, especially with the whole “the hero gives up but eventually finds the power and motive to be a hero again”, but at least it’s not that bad. A bit of a disappointment really, the first movie was just tons better, it took me a while to get into the movie as the beginning was so dragging, still, great to finally see this movie.
Blogger Widget