Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Toy Story 3


I watched this movie today seeing as I had finished work early and had some time. I was really looking forward to this movie, as it has really really really high ratings (99% at rottentomatoes.com). I had too high expectations from the hype that I built around me, so I didnt enjoy as much as I could have. I think the story is a bit weaker than the previous two movies and it's not as good, it's still a good movie just not as great as I thought it would be.

It is funny... in parts, it's just the story, the first thirty mins was kinda boring me, but I love the new characters, particularly Totoro, I just have a special attachment to that guy, and I loved it when he did his famous smile in the end credits. I do like the first and second film a lot lot more than this one, but this movie has a few emotional moments, and is quite sad, in that aspect I think they did really well. The visuals is stunning, I do think that because it's produced by Disney Pixar, everyone automatically thinks it's good and that it must get high ratings and people just give it to them, I honestly think Tangled is a better movie, but who am I to judge?

Blogger Widget