Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Shrek Forever After


I’m pretty sure a lot of people agree with me, but Shrek Forever After is not a good movie, and like the previous two movies in the series, cannot compare to the first one (58% at rottentomatoes.com). It had gradually gotten worse, but it is better than Shrek the Third (that one was just really really stupid and lame). I think the main thing that’s dragging the movie down is the poor quality storyline, there’s nothing going for it, nothing to add to the characters, and is just not captivating enough. It’s been done a thousand times, which wouldn't be a problem if it was done correctly but Shrek Forever After doesn't. What made the first movie so great was the good action, and jokes that actually work. The ones in this movie is lame, and just plain not funny, there are a few laughs here and there, but very short laughs and very forgettable. I’m glad that they are not making any more Shrek movies, because, simply put, they are bad, and not even worth the price of admission. It actually got me annoyed at the characters, because they were just portrayed so badly and did stuff that didn't seem right, hard for me to sympathize them. The end is supposed to be all mushy and you’re supposed to feel sorry for them, or touched, but frankly, I didn't feel anything coz there was nothing that built it up, just one annoying event after another. It may not be as bad as I’m describing it, but seriously it’s not a good movie.
Blogger Widget