Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Book Review: Black Cat Volume 14: Alliance


Review:  #145
Title:  Black Cat Volume 14:  Alliance
Series:  Black Cat - 14th volume
Author:  Kentaro Yabuki
Read Before:  no
My Comments:  An excellent volume that furthers the storyline quite a bit.  Carries on directly after the thirteenth volume with the fight against River, it didn't disappoint, and the idea of a Sweeper Alliance is okay (not what I would have preferred).  The chapters when Train and Eve are trying to find out the meeting place by playing a game was kinda lame, but the big thing was that Glin turns out to be Number X Shao Lee, I didn't see that one coming (although he still looks like a girl to me).  Then it slows down again as they all gather up at the meeting, but the final two chapters or so were excellent.  I was shocked that some of the Sweepers died such gruesome deaths even before they set foot onto the island.  It has a good ending, where they are all separated on the island.  I was just surprised at the deaths in this one.
Rating:  7.5/10
Blogger Widget