Monday, January 9, 2012

Book Review: Black Cat Volume 7: Time for Vengeance



Review:  #134
Title:  Black Cat Volume 7:  Time for Vengeance
Series:  Black Cat - 7th volume
Author:  Kentaro Yabuki
Read Before:  no
My Comments:   A better volume than the last and the chapters are a whole lot more interesting.  I still don’t think the overall story is captivating, it feels like it’s missing something, something that catches your interest.  I feel that the author is using a lot of already used twists and stories; I can easily guess what is going to happen in most of the chapters.  The author focuses a fair bit on fight scenes, and I guess those are intense enough to keep it interesting.  However, what I like about this volume is that we get to see more of Train’s past, and we get to see another Chrono Number in action (No. VII), and he’s an interesting enough character that I wouldn't mind seeing more of him.  The bonus stories section at the end was amusing.  Overall, Black Cat overall is still a bit iffy, I’m still waiting for a turning point chapter that will amaze me and get me hooked fully into it.
Rating:  7/10
Blogger Widget