Monday, January 23, 2012

Book Review: Rowan and the Ice Creepers


Review:  #141
Title:  Rowan and the Ice Creepers
Series:  Rowan of Rin - 5th and final book
Author:  Emily Rodda
Read Before:  yes
My Comments:  An excellent end to the Rowan of Rin series, this book tied everything together really elegantly.  The story itself was great, with suspense along most of the way, and I must say, the ice creepers are fairly freaky; the author has done a great job in portraying them as threats.  The rhyming riddles are well written and executed, and all the events are structured perfectly.  What I think is the best out of this is that links the Rin village people up with the history of that land, it was great, and ingenious.  You can see how much the author had planned throughout the whole series.  She had also created a great chain of how the things are run around there, it’s self-contained ecosystem.  I keep finding myself amazed, this is truly a great book.  Only gripe is that I wish there was more…
Rating:  8/10
Blogger Widget