Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Book Review: I Spy: The Constantinople Caper


Review:  #325
Title:  I Spy:  The Constantinople Caper
Series:  N/A
Author:  Graham Marks
Read Before:  no
My Comments:  This book almost bored me to death.  I mean, it wasn't as if the concept of the plot was boring, it just wasn't executed that well.  The whole purpose of the story was to create suspense and mystery that will get you itching to keep going.  However, the first third to half of the book was fairly boring with nothing much going on.  We get to follow the main character, Trey, as he travels around with his father, and apparently seeing someone following them.  This normal voyage keeps going on, and on, and on.  You’re left wondering, when is the good part going to start?  It never truly does as you don’t feel any attachment to the characters and what happens just seem… so bland?!  Once the mystery is out and everything is sorted out, the truth is quite underwhelming and wasn't at all worth the journey to get to there.  I almost gave up in the early pages of the book.
Rating:  5/10

Blogger Widget