Thursday, April 25, 2013

Superman Returns


This movie is unnecessarily long and bloated.  I was bored for pretty much the whole way through.  The movie is full of things that are done before, done better elsewhere or just very cliche.  You can guess what is about to happen before it happens, and I just kept rolling my eyes at supposedly tense situations like seeing if the characters are going to survive (when we know that they are or they're not).  They dealt too much on Superman catching up with the past, which made it very boring when it wasn't interesting in the first place.  The plot never really lifted up, it was quite plain and flat the whole way through.  The climax was extremely disappointing, wait... what climax?  I didn't even realize that was it as I was expecting more.  This version of Lex Luthor was a huge let-down, he never felt like a threat or a proper villain, I was waiting and waiting for him to actually do something that will clearly distinguish him.  Many of the events were highly unrealistic to the point where you just think, "they can not be serious with where this is going".  Personally, I think unless you're a dedicated fan of Superman, it's better to watch some other more entertaining movie.

Blogger Widget