Monday, August 22, 2011

Book Review: Egypt: A High-Speed History



Review: #83
Title: Egypt: A High-Speed History
Series: Horrible Histories
Author: Terry Deary
Read Before: no
My Comments: A fun book, although it is more of a graphic novel than the traditional text type with some pictures. I’m not even sure if it should be called a graphic novel, it’s more like a comic strip, a monotone comic strip (it’s completely in shades of blue and white). The stories are interesting, and the puns are well done, I quite enjoyed reading the book. The information it put across was something I hadn’t known before, and it’s quite unique at how they put it across, although some jokes are quite overused within the book itself (it’s great the first time but they just keep using it like two, three, four more times later on). If only more non-fiction books were like this, then I would honestly read more of them.
Rating: 6.5/10
Blogger Widget