Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Book Review: Black Cat Volume 2: Creed


Review:  #121
Title:  Black Cat Volume 2:  Creed
Series:  Black Cat – 2nd Volume
Author:  Kentaro Yabuki
Read Before:  no
My Comments: I do think this volume has a way better story than the first volume, but I’ve given it the same rating coz… I don’t think its worth that high. I mean, its interesting, but only when you’re reading it, after I finished it, I thought it was good, but wasn't compelled to read it again or go through the book and find the parts that I liked (guess I just like the lighthearted humour styled manga better). However, I like the addition of Eve into the main cast, but I’m not too keen on Rinset. The story with Creed was pretty cool and I liked the fight scenes, but it seemed there are so many people with supernatural powers that it seems a bit contrived (especially when the Doctor reattaches Train’s arm). I like how the whole volume is focused on the one story arc; I hate it the arcs are forced upon to split into a few volumes. Train is still a bit of a mystery but at least quite a lot of things are explained. Overall, the quality of the chapters here are noticeably higher.
Rating:  7/10
Blogger Widget