Sunday, December 25, 2011

Book Review: Cardcaptor Sakura Vol. 6


Review:  #127
Title:  Cardcaptor Sakura Vol. 6
Series:  Cardcaptor Sakura – 6th and final volume in the first arc
Author:  Clamp
Read Before:  no
My Comments: Wow, just wow, an intense and excellent ending to the first story arc. It started off with the capturing the Firey Card which was exciting, but it kinda lacked the ‘spark’ that other earlier Cards had. Then immediately after the last card, Earth, attacks and gets captured. That was great, but something I picked up on was that in various frames during the fights, it gets really hard to distinguish what is happening, as the lines blur together. The final two chapters, where the two guardians show up, and the final trial of Sakura was brilliant, I loved the revealing of Yue, and the power of the new staff that Sakura gained. It was epic; I couldn't put the book down as I got near the ending. I loved the incantations used throughout the series, they meaning of the words used were fantastic. We also get an explanation of Li’s attraction to Yukito, so it all makes sense now. It ends on the promise of more adventures of Sakura (the second story arc), a truly excellent volume that I found myself really absorbed in.
Rating:  7/10
Blogger Widget