Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Ratatouille


Ratatouille (2007), yet another Disney Pixar movie that I remember fondly.  I rewatched it once more just recently, and as with a lot of other movies I remembered, it didn't live up to my memories.  I gotta stop doing this, as it's ruining my experience every time.  Anyway, it was still a good movie, and it only really ever picked up pace from around the middle of the movie.  The ending was where it shined though, it was a really touching moment.  From when Remy split with Linguini, to the rat colony helping out, to the food critic tasting the food, it worked so well together that it might just touch your heart and appreciate some of the things you didn't notice before.  I find this to be one of the more inspirational and creative animation movie (although most of the Disney Pixar ones are creative), the idea that Remy controls Linguini's actions by just pulling upon his hair, somehow that just feels... natural and it works really well.

That said, it's still not my favourite Disney Pixar movie.  The special features of the DVD, as expected, weren't that numerous (due to the push towards Blu-Ray nowadays).  The animated short was disappointing, they're usually better than this.  It still kept enough of my attention for me to finish it.
Blogger Widget