Monday, January 17, 2011

Book Review: Ghosthunters and the Gruesome Invincible Lightning Ghost!



Review: #41
Title: Ghosthunters and the Gruesome Invincible Lightning Ghost!Series: Ghosthunters - 2nd in series
Author: Cornelia Funke
Read Before: no
My Comments: A thin and small book, so I cannot expect much of a deep or interesting plot here. Although I do tend to find this series to be quite an enjoyable read, perfect if you’re looking for something quick. The latter books (I have already read the 3rd and 4th books in the series) are more interesting, but this one isn’t bad either. I like how the author had represented the ghosts in this way, and it’s a really fun way to see them. This book is not scary, and even though it’s supposed to be comedy, there isn’t too much that made me laugh. Story is good enough, just the typical “got a call about a ghost, turns out it’s really powerful, now we gotta catch it” style (I know I'm not in the intended audience, but I am amused by this so it’s a great job on part of the author). Only reason it got such a lot mark is because I’m starting to tighten my standards of giving the ratings, by no means a bad book, only read if you like simple stories.
Rating: 5.5/10
Rereadability Factor: 3/10 (pretty much no point rereading it)
Blogger Widget