Sunday, January 9, 2011

Tangled


I watched Disney's Tangled today, and it is simply an AWESOME MOVIE. I loved it, I had seen on the internet that it had really good reviews (88% at Rotten Tomatoes) and so I was all hyped up on it, and was really looking forward to watching it (only got released in my country on January 6th), just before it started and I was sitting down in the cinema, I had a strike of doubt, thinking would it live up to the expecations I had created for myself from the hype. Sure it did! It is sooooooo good, one that I had even liked more than Wall.E.

The humor was really well done, funny in a lot of places, it was a musical as well but it didnt take up too much of the movie, around five songs and it was done perfectly, the songs werent that bad. Tangled had superb animation and although the ending of the story is a little predictable, the rest of it is really good. Each character had their charms and actually quite easy to like, I was totally absorbed into the movie, just forgetting I was in the cinema at times. Of course, always love the whole "bad guy turned good and helping the protagonist" thing, just perfect, the antagonist, evil stepmother wasn't too bad, and I thought I would cringe at the whole typical “bad guy turned good protagonist, who really loved the girl having to betray her and evil stepmother saying I told you so” thing, but no, it was done a little bit differently and I loved it! It is such a good movie that I'm even considering to buy it on dvd when it comes out! It’s just perfect!

In my list, its really high on the list along with the Disney Pixar movies (the last Disney movie I watched was 2008's Bolt, and that wasnt too good). I guess not really knowing the full story of Rapunzel may have helped, coz all I know about her is her long hair, the tower, and “Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down you hair”, but yeah, man it was just really funny and good, a lot of action too, I guess the kids will really like it too.

There wasnt a large cast of characters which makes it less confusing, and I love the non speaking roles of the pet Charmeleon, Rapunzel, soo cute and funny, haha. The horse, Maximus is also pretty funny and awesome (originally against the protagonist Flint, but changed sides after Rapunzel treated him well), but man, it is just amazing, I cannot get this through enough. The lantern scene really touched me, and I thought that was really well done as well, just the whole build up to the climax was very well done.

Just overall, a superb movie with a great blend of humor, action, and stunning visuals, a definite must see movie, one that I wholeheartedly recommend, seriously one to not miss. When a movie gets this good to make me want to buy the DVD, it's really worth watching.
Blogger Widget