Friday, January 28, 2011

Pride and Prejudice


The Pride and Prejudice 2005 movie… I reckon it’s a really great adaptation of the book, I enjoyed the movie when I watched it but of course, still felt it lacking, especially compared to the book. I mean, for a movie that’s based off a book, it’s very very well done and stays true for 90% of the content, that’s a really good effort. Since a movie is more visual, it lacks the emotional attachment created for the reader/viewer that was so good in the book. Matthew Macfadyen’s portrayal of the character Mr Darcy was superb, he had both the looks and expressive features I imagined while reading the book. Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Bennet on the other hand, was a bit… weird, I didn't think she suited that role, but it’s nothing major. The pacing of the movie is a lot faster (naturally) and it skips a lot of emotional reflections, sometimes missing a point for the reader to understand. It’s not as good as I originally thought it was going to be from the reviews online (85% on rottentomatoes), as I felt I was bored by a couple of bits, but I still think it is a good movie.
Blogger Widget