Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers



Continuing on with The Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Two Towers is better than The Fellowship of the Ring in terms of the action and fight scenes, as the war for Middle Earth escalates. Since I watched the extended version, it was around 3.5 hours long, making it a bit of a drag to watch, and I lost interest a few times in the movie. For some reason, I have some difficulty in understanding the story of LOTR, I get the general gist of it, but a few scenes I just didn't know what was happening. It was an enjoyable movie though, and I liked a couple of the story elements, particularly how Gandalf reappears as Gandalf the White, I fell for it, thinking it was Saruman. Anyway, I think I enjoyed the first one better as I understood everything more, but The Two Towers had things happening right from the start, so it was easier to get into it. The battle scenes were well done and great to watch, although I found some of the dialogue spoken by the actors a bit hard to hear and understand
Blogger Widget