Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Tale of Despereaux


The Tale of Despereaux, is a bad movie. Yup, it was extremely boring and it had never seemed to pick up, granted, the source material (the book) wasn't that great either, so I’m extremely surprised it was even adapted into the big screen. It is a CGI movie, but it’s not that pretty, the colours and scenes overall seem very dull and drab, not grabbing my attention. Due to the short length of the book, the movie pads the (limited) plot out by adding a lot of extra stuff, and changing things around. Some of these were pretty good, but some were equally bad. The plot was very weak and even near the end I was thinking what the movie was trying to convey, and what actually happened, the only thing going for this is that it is short enough to not be a bother. The characters never really seem to grow, and they did not portray their ‘trademark characteristics and personalities’ from the book, making it a bit confusing. The ending was particularly bad, and wasn't much of a climax, I found myself wanting it to end quickly so I can move on. Overall, not a good movie to watch and the quality is below par.
Blogger Widget