Friday, May 6, 2011

Book Review: Give Peas a Chance and Other Funny Stories



Review: #59
Title: Give Peas a Chance and Other Funny Stories
Series: N/A
Author: Morris Gleitzmann
Read Before: yes
My Comments: I find this author to be quite preposterous and very unrealistic, and I’m not going to give him the benefit of the doubt of him only writing for kids, I’ve read a lot of kids book that makes much more perfect sense than this guy. He’s not funny, and generally very disappointing, makes reading through his books a big chore (and I have read most of his work, just so I can ‘complete’ it, yet I don't like most of his books, guess somehow his writing managed to make me keep reading it). I cringe at many of the plot elements and what his characters say, out of the fifteen ‘funny’ stories, I find only a few to be bearable and slightly ok, while the rest are just pure rubbish and waste of my time. His story fluctuates wildly, with many hits and misses, sometimes the idea is good, other times it’s really really bad. I think this book is only average in nature, and not really worth reading.
Rating: 5/10
Rereadability Factor: 5/10
Blogger Widget