Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Book Review: Twilight and History



Review: #62
Title: Twilight and History
Series: Wiley Pop Culture and History Series
Author: Nancy R. Reagin (compilation of essays)
Read Before: no
My Comments: Nothing like what I had expected, it feels more like a textbook than anything, what with all those essays, it’s not that interesting, and completely does not fulfil what it promises in it’s blurb. The essays do get better as the book progresses, but the thing I find most… outrageous is that the authors treat the characters within Twilight (when they’re discussing them) as if they are real and are historic figures. I keep thinking to myself, these are experts in their field, somehow I really really doubt Stephenie Meyer (the author of the Twilight series) put all this thought and history into developing each of her characters and their personalities, I really do think that this book tries and thinks too hard, this makes it quite unenjoyable. Definitely not one that I recommend to read, as it seemed like a chore for me to even finish it, very boring and doesn't expand on the characters at all.
Rating: 2/10
Rereadability Factor: 0/10 (don't ever, ever pick up this book again)
Blogger Widget