Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tangled DVD



I got the DVD for Tangled yesterday, only the one-disc version as I don't have a Blu-Ray player, and I watched it today. The movie is as great as ever, and as good as the first time I had seen it, that is, it is an awesome movie. I don't know if my disc was dirty or if it was my DVD player or just the way it was manufactured, but at times, I noticed that the animation slowed down a fraction so it was 'stuttering'. The animation is still crisp and nicely drawn, so the transfer from the big screen to a TV didn't diminish the quality, but of course, my sound system cannot be compared to a theatre's.

Onto the special features, there is only three, one is a storybook alternate opening (two versions), one is a 50th Motion Picture countdown and the other is a (Czech) music video.

The Storybook openings were ok, they were similar to the final version, especially the second one, it was ok to watch, but is nothing amazing or insightful, I would rather have Deleted Scenes instead.

The 50th Animated Countdown just 'countdown' the 50 motion pictures that Disney had produced, and showed a few secs of each picture, and fit it into around two mins. I had seen it before (on the Disney site) and so it was quite boring, and something I don't think is worthy of being included as a special feature.

I skipped the last special feature (which is supposedly a 'bonus'), from the title it is a Czech music video, not really interested.

I probably should have gotten the Blu-Ray version instead (for preparation of when I finally get a Blu-Ray player) as that one has the more interesting special features like "The Making of" and "Deleted Scenes". I wished they had made a 2-Disc DVD version instead, I would have purchased that in a snap. If you're buying the DVD purely for the movie (like I am) then it is worth it as the movie is great, but if you want more than that, you will be disappointed.
Blogger Widget