Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Book Review: Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse



Review: #68
Title: Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse
Series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians - 3rd book
Author: Rick Riordan
Read Before: yes
My Comments: A great book, and finally, it is the one that started to move me again, before with Lightning Thief and Sea of Monsters I felt, just a bit, bored about the series from rereading it so soon, but Titan’s Curse started getting me really interested and thinking about the series overall again. It is just a really great book, and one whose fire hasn't died, with a great story, character development and great turnout of events, such a classic. The deaths in the book are so memorable and sad, it really crushes your heart when you read about it, from all the emotional build up, the author has played all the right strings. A few scenes I thought were really great, including the ones with Bianca and the final battle, really well written. Even though I knew when the jokes were going to come up and what they were, I still laughed at them, they hadn’t gotten old, and it was a very enjoyable experience reliving the adventure again. The plot is substantially better, with more action, more interesting monsters, and greater relevance, with twists of events that you’ve never expected, but works so perfectly, it is truly a masterpiece. Perhaps the best part I like about this book is how everything fits so well, the suspense and mystery throughout the book with the major revelation at the end works so great, and how well the Greek mythology is woven into the story. Just great, even if you have read it numerous times, I would still recommend reading this book again.
Rating: N/A
Rereadability Factor: N/A
Blogger Widget