Monday, May 16, 2011

Book Review: Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters



Review: #67
Title: Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters
Series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians - 2nd book
Author: Rick Riordan
Read Before: yes
My Comments: Another one that I didn't get too into the book when I was rereading it this time, but it is still pretty good, and of course, as the book’s plot got going it was really really good. There are a few moments where I do think, this is a bit weird/unusual, like it doesn't fit the theme of the book, but it’s actually nothing. I really love how the author has ‘updated’ the characters from Greek mythology into the modern world, most of the time it’s really funny and fits their personality perfectly, it’s interesting, that’s mainly what I look forward to most in each book, seeing how the author has twisted it. The humour was good, and there are a few stunning moments that make me crack up in laughter. Then there’s the overarching plot that spans the five books, it’s masterfully planned out, with the end of this book really making the whole series shine, you can tell that the author has thought through this very carefully, it’s a development that you don't really expect, just pure genius. A great book and it is a really worthy read, even if I am reading it for like the fifth time or something.
Rating: N/A
Rereadability Factor: N/A
Blogger Widget